The benefits of UVC rays
UVC rays, the ultimate weapon against viruses. Did you know that Covid-19 remains active on surfaces for more than 20 days?
The PuriTechs decontamination method uses UVC rays to eradicate 99.9% of viruses, bacteria and other germs on surfaces. In this way, in record time, we guarantee a healthier space that is decontaminated from all health threats.
What are UVC rays?
Simply put, there are 3 types of UV rays. UVAs, UVBs and UVCs, all of which are characterized by different wavelengths. The energy of each radiation depends on its light source and on the environment in which it propagates. In general, the smaller the wavelength of radiation, the more energy it holds and therefore, the less it propagates throughout the atmosphere.+++ ...
UVCs are the UVs that have the shortest wavelengths (between 190 and 290nm), meaning that they thus hold high energy and cannot pass through our atmosphere to propagate. This high energy allows UVCs to have very strong alteration power against biological molecules. Therefore, hospitals use them for their germicidal activity, as because of their alteration of DNA and RNA, they have strong carcinogenic potential.
The effects of UVC rays on viruses and bacteria
UVC rays are germicidal, meaning that they are capable of destroying germs and microorganisms when their energy is at 253.7nm.
UVC ultraviolet radiation produces molecular photochemical reactions. By absorbing UVC wavelengths, DNA and/or RNA molecular dissociation damages the membrane of cells and of the nucleus. As a result, they are unable to reproduce and enter the phase of cellular mutation, so they are inactivated or completely eradicated.+++ ...
Therefore, they play a key role in the decontamination processes that destroy germs, and in particular pathogens.
The benefits of UVC decontamination
The benefits of UVC ultraviolet radiation decontamination are numerous, and their use is still the subject of numerous studies aimed at making the most of their benefits. Nevertheless, here are the main benefits:+++ ...
- 99.9% destruction of viruses, bacteria and other germs;
- Disinfection on all kinds of surfaces, in all types of environments (liquid or ambient air);
- Very efficient and extremely fast process;
- No maintenance requirements for the use of decontamination devices;
- Non-toxic use, no chemicals are used;
- Respectful of the environment, leaves no residues after decontamination;
- No changes in taste, smell, pH or chemical properties of the air or water;
- Simplicity and ease of use makes it accessible to all staff;
- Germicidal lamps are energy-saving, the life of a light bulb is 9000 hours.